Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cir clip groove speeds and feeds

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
oneturboneeded
124 Views, 4 Replies

cir clip groove speeds and feeds

Hi all I have a little machine i usually cut aluminum with it with a 3 flute 1/8 endmill with a feed speed of 1000mm/min, a doc of .4mmand radial engagement of 1.5 mm. i am trying to put a circlip groove with a cutter 4 flute 6mm in cutting diameter .5mm thick. ive tried slow and fast and engagement down to .01 mm and it still doesn't seem to cut well.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

What is the machine and what are your workholding conditions? Do you have a variable spindle speed, and how fast are you spinning the tool?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5

that would have a big impact lol. it is a 3018 style machine but all rebuilt with linear rail and ball screws and a .8kw spindle. i can vary spindle rpm from 5000 to 24000. I have tried quite a few diff rpms. I did just see that this bit is made for stainless so i ordered a bit 3 flute made for aluminum to try but that will be here tomorrow.

Message 4 of 5

I would try 15000 rpm .5 mm doc. .2 mm axial

600 mm/ min. You will need lots if lubricant

wd-40 works and air gun.   It should buzz when it cuts.

it will be messy and loud.

If it squeechs.  Check mill tram.  Take less cut add lubricants

6061.  Not 5000 series

Message 5 of 5

awesome thank you ill try that and get back . it is in 6061 t-6

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums