Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese cnc plasma, help with finding post processor

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
nelson_rullan
7136 Views, 21 Replies

Chinese cnc plasma, help with finding post processor

Hi, I have a Chinese plasma cutter. I use the software called hycam that came with it. I have to design the parts in Fusion 360 and use the included software to make cam, would like to use Fusion 360 to do both cad and cam but I can't find a post processor that will work with the cnc, did  a search on google and on this forum but didn't find a match, need help to find one or modify the config of an existing post processor. 

all the help will be appreciated.

uploaded the gcode and part with some additional info.

the gcode file has to be saved to a usb drive and opened in the cnc 

gcode with file extension .CNC

kerf of 2.5

G91
G92X0Y0
G00 X120 Y8.75
M07
G01 X-10 Y0
G01 X-101.25 Y0
G01 X0 Y102.5
G01 X102.5 Y0
G01 X0 Y-101.25
G01 X0 Y-10
M08
G00 X130.293 Y64.438
M07
G01 X-8.04 Y-4.642
G02 X-102.495 Y0.725 I-51.245 J0.725
G02 X102.495 Y0.725 I51.25 J0
G01 X8.04 Y-4.642
M08
G00 X-241.543 Y-56.603
M02

part.jpg

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
randyT9V9C
in reply to: nelson_rullan

I have a post nearly modified to match your sample. I have a couple questions.

1) How should comments be formatted? Leading semicolon? Square brackets?

2) Your sample is using G91 incremental with a G92 location reset. Are you required to use this method or can the post be G90 absolute?

Message 3 of 22
nelson_rullan
in reply to: randyT9V9C

Hi, thank you for taking the time to respond my post, for your questions, I realy don´t know if it uses  leading semicolon or square brackets, how can i find out?

For your second question it does need the the G91 and the G92 reset. All the post process g codes I have made  havethe G91 G92X0Y0. I uploaded a pdf file with the g codes this cnc uses. Hope this help.

thank you for your time 

Message 4 of 22
randyT9V9C

From the manual:
G92 Reference Point Setting
Before running program, setting work start point coordinate value in the program beginning and use absolute coordinate setting.

My interpretation is that "G92 X0 Y0" sets the current XY position as zero and uses absolute positioning, effectively negating the preceding incremental positioning, but when I back plotted your sample code, it definitely was incremental. Absolute vs incremental is a function of the back plotter. Not sure why Hycam uses incremental unless it's enabled someplace. The default for the control is absolute.

The attached post is using absolute positioning.

The G92 command is hard coded to XY zero. You can disable this command in the Post Process Program Setting by changing zeroTorch=false.

All comments are disabled by default because I don't know the format used. All G and M codes use 2 digit, example M07 or M08.

Try this post and let me know how it goes. You set your kerf width based on the tool library the attached file has a 2.5mm sample. Make sure when you setup your cut paths that you select in computer compensation on the passes tab. Also, when you select your geometry you can toggle inside/outside by clicking on the red arrows.

plasma1.pngplasma2.PNGplasma3.png

Message 5 of 22
nelson_rullan

Hi Randy, been making designs and post processing them and the post works great, just one question how could you make the torch go back to the origin after it finishes?

thank you very much for your help really appreciate taking the time.

Message 6 of 22
randyT9V9C

Glad your up and working. Some machines have an M code to end the program and return to the clear point. In your case I hard coded a return to XY zero.

Change line 439 to this:

writeBlock(gMotionModal.format(0) + " X0.0 Y0.0");

I've attached the modified post.

Message 7 of 22
nelson_rullan

You Sr. are a genius. , It works grate.

Thank you very much.

Message 8 of 22
bob
Explorer

Hello Randy, my name is Bob and i to have a china built cnc plasma machine, for about 7 yrs now and it came with IBE cnc cut program that makes Gcode ! It works good , for me , but it worries me that it has to use a dongle before it works , and I am afraid if the dongle messes up in time I will be with out !! I cant speak to the chinese outfit i purchased from, they have no desire to help, never have!! Spoke to the German IBE people and they say , buy a new license !!! That's not fair ! I purchased it for my life, not the dongle!!lol Any thoughts if I can use another program for my machine?? Thanks, Bob in Illinois 

Message 9 of 22
seth.madore
in reply to: bob

@bob  your best bet would be to share a program that you have successfully run on your machine. Don't copy/paste the text, but actually share the file. You will likely need to put it in a .zip file and then attach it

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 10 of 22
bob
Explorer
in reply to: seth.madore

I dont understand what you mean. Sorry. 

Message 11 of 22
seth.madore

Bob; You are asking if there is another program you can use to program your Chinese CNC plasma cutter. The answer is "yes, Fusion can do this". But, it's not as simple as create a toolpath, generate code. There is a step in between that uses a post processor to generate the code needed. We don't know what your machine wants to see,  and we can't just give you a post processor without know what sort of g-code your controller wants. We could make suggestions, but they'd likely be wrong. So, we need to see a g-code program that you have run with success on your machine.

Now, the problem is, if your code has a file extension that is not allowed on the forums, you can't attach it as a file. So, the answer is to just put it into a .zip folder, as those are allowed for attachment

Once we see the code, we can advise you as to what post processor to use to generate a program for your machine, using Fusion 360.

Seth Madore
Message 12 of 22
bob
Explorer

Morning. Ok i can understand that! I can do that and send the file!! Thank you !!!!
Message 13 of 22
bob
Explorer

I emailed this morning with a zip file attached. I just got a auto email saying i cant email to that address! Now what ??  Thanks

Message 14 of 22
seth.madore

Attach the .zip file to your reply to this forum:

2019-02-06_15h35_16.png

Seth Madore
Message 15 of 22
bob
Explorer

Ok ,I attached the zip file!! thanks
Message 16 of 22
seth.madore

Nope, not attached. Give this a view/listen:

Seth Madore
Message 17 of 22
bob
Explorer

This is my G-code file , and I will send the CS6 Illustrator file DWG that I made , and sent to my IBE cnc cut program! with the dongle!! Thanks for the great help!!

Message 18 of 22
bob
Explorer

Morning  , did my g code file come thru?? 

Message 19 of 22
bob
Explorer

another g code file try!!

Message 20 of 22
seth.madore

@bob wrote:

Morning  , did my g code file come thru?? 

Yes, you attached the file correctly. Sorry, I've been busy with other tasks, I will try to address your post before long 🙂

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report