Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Tool Number

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1526 Views, 4 Replies

Change Tool Number

How do change the tool number of a tool in my Document library? I can edit it in the library manager, but when I save the tool I get a message that "Tool data changes cannot be undone". I'm ok with that, but when I click ok my changes are discarded.

How do I change the tool number of a tool in my program?

I had the same problem before the update but expected this was a bug that would be fixed in Jan update.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

More info: This appears to be an issue with a specific tool. I have a 1/8 90 degree spot drill as tool 2. I am unable to change it to tool 10 for example. I can change all other tools. In windows I can successfully change all tools. I shared this file: http://a360.co/1INteYl

Message 3 of 5
schneik-adsk

Thanks for the added information. I'll bring your post up with the team and get some ideas on what is going on.
Kevin Schneider
Message 4 of 5
adsloud

Hi Paul,

Thanks for letting us know the issue. We will take a look later. For a workaround, can you please try to create a new tool library folder and then drag the spot drill tool into it and then edit the tool number? Any more questions please let us know. Thanks.

Debbie Lou
Sr. QA Engineer for HSM CAM
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Haven't had an opportunity to mess with this because I've been trying to get work done. But, it doesn't take much playing around to see tool re numbering flakiness. Also, when setting speeds and feeds within an operation, the chipload calculators don't work.

Any plans to straighten this out before next major update?

I thought tool manager was supposed to be the same in windows and Mac after the Jan update. What happened to that?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report