Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant turn an id bore!?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kuhnjst
125 Views, 3 Replies

Cant turn an id bore!?

So yesterday and today I can not get fusion to bore an id. I cant share the file because of security concerns but i'll explian it best i can.

major bore diameter is 282.mm starting minor diameter is 280. (dealing with a stamped component here) 1mm chamfer at the top of the bore 1mm radius at the bottom so 1 mm flat before getting to the rough id.

set my outer radius to the outside edge of the chamfer. inner radius on the face of the bottom of the bore(Z -13.5 from the top of the part). clearance from 280 rough diameter -2mm. I am selecting all of these from the model. 

Its giving me an error of "no valid turning profile found"

What am i doing wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: kuhnjst

Can you simplify the model and remove any IP from it, and then share it here or privately?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
kuhnjst
in reply to: seth.madore

I just drew the geometry myself and there is no issue boring that feature. I'm guessing it something in the model? it was made in a different design software and i just imported it as a STEP file. maybe something got confused. I am not the only 1 have this issue within the company.

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: kuhnjst

Would you be able to share the imported model privately?
File > Export > Save to local folder, and email it to me: seth DOT madore AT autodesk DOT com

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums