Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find a best way to remove material and saving time.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ransomewarewanasmile911
198 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot find a best way to remove material and saving time.

Link my part for viewing     https://a360.co/3EO2viX.

001.png

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I'm not sure this is the best way to do this, but my suggestion is to use a bore toolpath, select the 3 faces and use "Order by Y" with "reverse order" enabled.

Here's a link to my test part: https://a360.co/3ER8Zxf, And attached is a video of what I did.

If there is a reason to not do it this way, I'd appreciate some feedback so I can learn better CAD/CAM techniques. 

I hope this helps.

Message 3 of 6

I'd do 3D adaptive through, then Circular to finish them all. 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 4 of 6

Your way is of course solve my air cutting problem, I really appreciate that, thank you very much.

However, I got an order and it says :" I want to clear the whole material in one cutting step with 0.2mm stepdown."

It means with every 0.2mm stepdown there is no material left and there is no return ( retract in milling process is undoubtedly acceptable ).

That's why I use Adaptive Clearance and meet air cutting. 

Message 5 of 6

Sorry for my ignorance but I try 3D Adaptive. It is working inside and material left outside is real thick, I don't think I could handle my old weak milling machine with that kind of procedure.

Message 6 of 6

without your file I can't change anything, but modify your minimum stepdown, stock to leave, stock selection etc to get it to do what you need.

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums