Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Probed Rotation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
a.hackney
181 Views, 4 Replies

Cancel Probed Rotation

I've created a program that uses a probed rotation (Haas NGC), but I want to limit the use of this rotation to the next 3 or 4 toolpaths only. Can the probed rotation then be cancelled by way of a ManualNC Action? For now I've hardcoded a #194=0 command into the NC program but I was just wondering on other ways of commanding the post to no longer output the rotation.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

is it not as simple as sending a G69 command? Then g68 to re-enable when needed.

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 3 of 5
a.hackney
in reply to: a.hackney

The post outputs the G68 command on every toolpath after a probed rotation is carried out. I guess I'm looking for a way to switch the "flag" within the post processor?

The code does contain the necessary G69 command before a toolchange etc. but then a G68 is automatically commanded on the next toolpath.

Message 4 of 5

Depending on your order of operations, you can throw the unprobed toolpaths into a new "setup", but post them out together into one file. Could even be probed, not, probed again for example.

Does a manual nc put a g69 after the inserted g68? Why are some toolpaths not supposed to be rotated? 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 5 of 5

I've tried the multiple setup suggestion but I get exactly the same behaviour.

I have some features that need to be rotationally correct to another pre-machined feature, hence the reason for only certain toolpaths requiring the G68.

Thanks for your help so far

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report