Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't seem to select entire exterior of drawing in cutting

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
13crisjohannsen
122 Views, 2 Replies

Can't seem to select entire exterior of drawing in cutting

Total newbee.. I am trying to convert a DXF to a cut file for a plasma table. Once I set up the tool in the manufacture for 2d and try to select the perimeter of the item to cut out I can only select each individual segment and not the entire perimeter. I can select the entire thing in the design section and I can select the interior sections to cut out just fine in the manufacture cut section . Not sure what I am doing wrong but I am getting really frustrated. Do I really need to select each segment and chain them together? If so do I really need to select each segment and then have to change the entry to reverse to cut on the outside each time? 

Thanks for your help,

Cris

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
engineguy
in reply to: 13crisjohannsen

@13crisjohannsen 

No, you don`t need to select every segment, there was a small break in the contour so I just zoomed in and in Design Mode and bridged the break with a Line, all seems to be working now 🙂

See image below for where the break is, just join the Contour up there and you should be good to go 🙂 🙂

Broken Contour-Milwaukee-M18.jpg

Modified file attached 🙂

Message 3 of 3

Thank you sooooooo much. Didn't consider that was possible when I was able to click on the outline in design. Now I know to look for the dot on the line. I tried to fix mine and failed but was able to see it worked in your modified version. Thanks for your help!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report