Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone help me add Machine simulation to my Robo Drill Post Processor?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Madsenalex25
124 Views, 1 Reply

Can someone help me add Machine simulation to my Robo Drill Post Processor?

I have tried to add machine simulation capability's to my post without success. I used this guide https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Configuring-a-post...

Attached is my Post Processor, and Machine file (f3z).

This machine has a KME Trunnion which is controlled through the DPRNT Function, it has been modified to out put a M200 command before the A and C Codes. 

I would use the Fanuc Inspection post as it would also give me Inspect Surface functions, but it uses G68.2 and outputs IJK and I need to output A and C Codes prefixed with an M200. If that could be achieved that would actually be a better option.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
yd_kwon
in reply to: Madsenalex25

It looks like you need to set up your post file again.
I tested by replacing your machine simulation file with the Fanuc default and it works fine.

Trouble Points

1. set capabilities

capabilities = CAPABILITY_MILLING | CAPABILITY_MACHINE_SIMULATION;

2. machine settings are reset in post file → different from machine simulation settings

I think you will have to write a new robodrill post based on the Fanuc native post to solve this.

Good luck.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

iCetnric - MFG
CAM-Fusion 360/Inventor
CAD-Fusion 360/Inventor
Before PowerMILL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report