Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I select multiple chains in 2d adaptive clearing? Driving me nuts!

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
cdevrard
204 Views, 6 Replies

Can I select multiple chains in 2d adaptive clearing? Driving me nuts!

My f3d file is attached. I am trying to clear the area around the two posts on the part via 2d adaptive clearing. I must be missing something. I can choose a chain to clear around one of the posts but I cut the other off. I have tried every combo I can think of at this point. 

I've tried using faces contours, chains and pockets but I just can't get a working tool path. 

Thanks for any help with this, I am lost at this point!

CE 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
engineguy
in reply to: cdevrard

@cdevrard 

No file attached, go to :-

File > Export > Select f3d format > Save to a location on your computer > Then attach to your next post.

As the 2D Adaptive is not "Model Aware" you might be best using the 3D Adaptive but without the file hard to say 🙂

Message 3 of 7
seth.madore

I'm not seeing your file, could you attach it again? Or provide screenshots that give us some idea of what you're trying to accomplish?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 7
HughesTooling

This has come up a couple of times, only seems to be a problem with pockets. The workaround is after selecting the first profile you need to click the chain icon again for each additional profile. Something that needs tuning up as it adds a lot of extra movement and clicks, also seems to work correctly in 2d profile. 

HughesTooling_0-1676481230575.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
cdevrard

oops!!! Here is the file

Message 6 of 7
cdevrard
in reply to: HughesTooling

I think that did it!!!! Thank you, I got a toolpath that looks like a winner. 

Gonna go give it a try. 

Best,

CE 

Message 7 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: HughesTooling

@HughesTooling you'll be glad to know that the developers have greatly improved this behavior. Not sure when they'll make their way to the public, but I've played around with it a bit and behavior is much more acceptable

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report