Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM Stock Definitions

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Trigg3r
807 Views, 5 Replies

CAM Stock Definitions

Are there any updates on the way for Stock definition at all ? 

The ability to define stock via a solid body in line with HSMXpress etc would be handy, so stock modes could be 

None : - outer profile of the part to be machined

Fixed or relative box : - as is

From Sketch : - projected from a sketch chosen from browser

From Solid body : - choose a solid body from the browser

For me personally choosing a solid body would be the handiest addition Man Very Happy 

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Trigg3r
in reply to: Trigg3r

Also, will there be the option of 'Continue machining from previous operation ?'

Cheers.
Message 3 of 6
jeff.walters

Its being worked on but we don't know for sure when it will be released. can you expand on the "Continue machining from previous operation". what would you like to see happen.
Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 4 of 6
Trigg3r
in reply to: jeff.walters

That's good to hear Jeff, as for the 'Continue' option, this exists currently in HSMXpress Stock definition.

I'm no expert, but I assume that if for instance you specify the stock in Setup 1, then in Setup 2, you can specify the same stock but check the 'Continue' option so that the actual stock removed by operations in Setup 1 is ignored by operations in Setup 2 ?

Hope that makes sense. 

Cheers.

Message 5 of 6
jeff.walters

that is already in HSMWorks so yes it will be brought across to Fusion and Inventor. Again the timing is the unknown right now.  

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 6 of 6
Trigg3r
in reply to: jeff.walters

Thanks Jeff, looks like it's a waiting game then 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report