Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM setup for notching the edge of a thin sheet?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jskinner58
195 Views, 5 Replies

CAM setup for notching the edge of a thin sheet?

I want to mill a notch out of a thin sheet for a gauge/template.  Having trouble what milling operation to choose and setting up the operation as doesn't have a closed contour - it does but I just want to machine the notch.  I am clamping the back side and don't want the cutter to go there. And it is plastic and could be done in one pass for depth of cut. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: jskinner58

Press the ALT key and select the chain you would like to machine 🙂

Like this:

2023-01-25_17h46_10.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6
jskinner58

I have the 2D contour set up except for the start and finish.  Would like it to lower outside the material and just cut in from the side although I suppose the plunge isn't a big issue.

Message 4 of 6
seth.madore

Oh, in that case, you can give it a Tangential Extension to scoot it out further, or turn on Stock Contours (which does result in an odd move)

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 6
jskinner58

Didn't see a tangential extension option but I changed lead in angle to zero and increased the lead in slightly to start beyond the sheet edge.  Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
seth.madore

2023-01-25_18h13_49.png

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report