Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM Parameters/Options within Fusion 360

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
751 Views, 5 Replies

CAM Parameters/Options within Fusion 360

Currently I use HSM Works as an add on to Solidsworks. I do this becasue in the past, 3 and even 5 axis tooling paths are awesome and with lots of parameters to adjust. Also, you can copy and paste multipl tool paths between files.

What is the status of HSM/CAM within Fusion 360 and the parameter comparison opptions to the original HSM Works? Also, are there as many 3D operations available?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeff.walters
in reply to: Anonymous

I believe your talking about the Compare Edit function if so it is included in FusionCAM as well.

As far as 3D goes it doesn’t have all the operations as HSMWorks yet but it should soon.

Fusion 3D ops.png

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff.walters

OK,Great!

Now my question is:

How does HSM Works running within Inventor compare to my HSM Works running within Solidsworks as an add-in application? Are all the in-depth parameter settings comparable between the two?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 6
anthony.graves

Anthony jumping in here. (Jeff Walters, our Sr. Support Engineer for CAM is East Coast based and probably headed out before your last post.)

Right now we are at parity or very, very close to parity between our two HSM products; HSMWorks and Inventor HSM. Just to be sure, I'll review the latest builds (HSMWorks 2015 was just released) and make sure. Generally differences between the two should be limited to workflow/visual components that are unique or uniquely possible with each of the "host" applications; Command Manager vs. Ribbon Bar, viewing commmands/controls, graphical manipulators, etc. When it comes to job setup and strategies the products should be identical.

Is there any feature in particular you are interested in, or just curious in general?

Anthony Graves

Product Manager, CAM (Team)

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: anthony.graves

Howdy Anthony!

Thx for that response.

I have been used to working with HSM Works add-in with Solidworks and its been a "full boat" of features and parameters within the program that I became accustomed to. Over the the last year, I've tried to make the switch to using all AutoDesk programs (Inventor or Fusion 360) when using HSM Works and each time I have come up short with tool path programming options that I was used to with Solidworks HSW Works. One simple but useful feature is the ability to copy and paste multiple tool paths between jobs. I program many small different parts but with similar features. A simple copy/paste is great when tool paths are really optimized and then all I've had to do is copy/paste them and reasign the surfaces to cut...super easy and great! Each part has been super fast to program.

It also had seemed that within HSM in both Inventor and Fusion 360 that all 5 parameter pages were not as complete. Examples; Linking options, selection parameters, sectioning, stepdown options, etc.

It sounds like I need to take a fresh look right away at running HSM Works within either Inventor or Fusion 360. 

Which one do you recommend for the best option?

Thx!!!

Message 6 of 6
anthony.graves

Copy/Paste is something we are working on. Copy/Paste of the CAM settings should be possible, but we are looking into how we are able to deal with the geometry. Note: Templates are also supported for reuse of parameters for operations but we do have a limitation on geometry reuse - like with Copy/Paste.

However, all other settings (parameters) should be available across the products, but the user interface is slightly different.

We're happy to set up a GoToMeeting to look at specific items/issues you are curious about. Please email us at cam.support@autodesk.com to continue the discussion.

Anthony Graves

Product Manager, CAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report