Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C-axis positioning on turn-mill lathe

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
lars.olav.tveito
593 Views, 2 Replies

C-axis positioning on turn-mill lathe

Hi. I have a multispindle lathe with C and Y-axis, and Siemens 840D controller. When I post programs I can not get the C-axis to index the way it should. Enclosed are a test file to show the problem.

In the program you can see on line 74 where it positions the C-axis for the first milling operation, giving SPOS[1]=0, which is fine. But when I do the other side, it also posts SPOS[1]=0, (line 410). This should be SPOS[1]=180, since it is on the opposite side. I have changed the tool orientation, but I can not figure out how to get the code correct from Fusion. Is it something wrong with how I do the tool orientation? Any tips would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Lars Olav 

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Arun.rs
in reply to: lars.olav.tveito

Hi @lars.olav.tveito 

Thanks for raising your concern via forum.

I think this issue is with your customized post which you attached.  I checked with Siemens Mill turn post from F360 post library and its giving the expected output.

https://cam.autodesk.com/hsmposts?p=siemens_mill-turn

If you want to modify the existing one then open post file in a 'Visual Studio Code' or 'Notepad++' to do the required modifications.

1. Search ' machineState.cAxisIsEngaged = true; '

2. Put '//' in front of 

//return "SPOS[" + (currentSection.spindle == SPINDLE_PRIMARY ? mainSpindleAxisName[1] : subSpindleAxisName[1])+ "]=" + abcFormat.format(0);

3. Remove '// from  "return "";

Return.png

4. Goto line number 1153 and add ' writeBlock( '
writeblock.png
Regards

Arun.RS
Technical Consultant - Post Processor
Message 3 of 3
lars.olav.tveito
in reply to: Arun.rs

Hi @Arun.rs 

Thank you for your reply. That pushed me in the right direction, so I could modify the post to make it work. I made your changes, but in addition I had to change the spindle names to make it work. Neither of my Siemens controllers accept SP1 as spindle name, so I changed it to SPOS[1]. This might be an incorrect way of doing it, but I have not seen any other use of this spindle name than C-axis positioning. Siemens only (as far as I know) indexes C with the SPOS-command. 

Capture.JPG

If this can cause any other problems down the line please let me know. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report