Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug. Undo Edit Tool!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
HughesTooling
171 Views, 4 Replies

Bug. Undo Edit Tool!

I edited a tool to demonstrate how engrave works in another post and changed the angle of a chamfer cutter. After simulating I used undo to go back to my original tool but the cutter in the library does not undo, this it the cutter in the document. Also now the cutter in the op no longer matches the cutter in the library.

Here you can see the cutter in the library is still 30° but the one in the op is 17.5°. So undo has reverted the op but not the tool in the library.

HughesTooling_1-1683014905032.png

EDIT. Added file with the cutter mismatch.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: HughesTooling

Yeah, this has irked me for many years. I've opened up CAM-44944 to investigate this

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
seth.madore

I had a chat with the Tool Library team. Fixing this would require complete rearchitecting of how tools are stored in the document, and would be a large amount of work. Due to the many other more pressing issues on our plates, this issue is not likely to get fixed at any point in the future. Sorry to bear the news...

Seth Madore
Message 4 of 5
HughesTooling
in reply to: seth.madore

@seth.madore Thanks for the update. OK if you know about the problem and\or it being obvious like this example but could be big trouble for someone unaware. Could a warning come up if you try undoing an Edit Tool?

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
seth.madore

Unfortunately, that's also a fair bit of work, just to investigate this. 😞

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report