Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: Fusion 360 drill pattern ignoring selected depth on some holes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nmorong
160 Views, 3 Replies

Bug: Fusion 360 drill pattern ignoring selected depth on some holes

See attached screenshot. There are 12 holes, and for 2 of them fusion is ignoring the selected bottom height. This is for a spot drill operation, the half cylinder cutout has not been machined yet. I'm trying to use a drill to remove most of the material in the cutout, and am trying to spot all my holes at once to save a tool change.

Just another bug that could break tools and scrap parts to be aware of.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
difalkner
in reply to: nmorong

You're probably going to have to upload the *.f3d file.

David Falkner
Message 3 of 4
nmorong

No, I'm not uploading my file. The screenshot shows the entire issue. I know exactly what the problem is and I wasn't asking anyone to figure this out for me. I posted as a warning to others that fusion will ignore a selected hole depth in some circumstances.

The top height was by default the hole top. Unless I change this as well, rather than giving an error message or not generating a toolpath for those holes, fusion ignored my input and generated a toolpath for those 2 holes that started below my selected bottom depth. A toolpath should NEVER, IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, exceed the selected bottom depth. This is dangerous.

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore

@nmorong wrote:

No, I'm not uploading my file.

Without seeing more of your file and your settings, it's not going to be feasible for us to file a ticket to get this looked at.

I understand that you may not want to share it publicly, but can you share it privately?

Email it to me at: seth DOT madore AT autodesk DOT com

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report