Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boring toolpath Problem

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
dmealer
152 Views, 5 Replies

Boring toolpath Problem

Hello all!

I am doing a simple boring tool path.

When the tool gets to the end of the cut it backs off then feeds out at the same feed rate it fed in instead of rapid retracting. This wastes a huge amount of time. Am I missing something?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: dmealer

This may sound like a dumb response, but could you share your file? It's a simple enough thing to just test on a simple model, but I'm not getting a feed retract, only rapids.

Also, what post processor are you using?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6
dmealer
in reply to: seth.madore

There ya go

Message 4 of 6
dmealer

Seth

I am using the Haas ST-15 lathe post. Ill attach the file in ju

Message 5 of 6
seth.madore

Oh, that's why I couldn't replicate it on a sample piece, I had a default value changed.

The setting that controls this "Direct Movement" is your "Safe Distance", on the Linking tab (yours was set to .080"):

2023-12-06_11h28_50.png

It has some interplay between your Clearance (on Radii tab) as well as your Lead-Out movement.

Personally, I've set my Safe Distance to a much lower value (.01"). Experiment with what you're comfortable with.. 🙂

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 6 of 6
dmealer

Thanks Seth that did the trick. I have never paid any attention to that setting before now so this was educational for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report