Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bore taper?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
673 Views, 4 Replies

Bore taper?

Anyone had luck cutting a tapered bore?

The tooltip image for BORE shows tapered bosses, but not tapered bores. When I try to cut a tapered bore it doesn't generate a toolpath.

Screen Shot 2015-04-19 at 6.25.12 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
fredsi
in reply to: Anonymous

Luke,

Just setup a block, added a tapered round pocket, then selected a bullnose mill and selected the pocket wall - generated a tool path of decreasing diameter helix as I would have expected. 

What does the log file say re: the reason for the failure? Just looking at the image you provided, am wondering if the issue is height related? (given that the bore is in a feature raised above the larger top surface. 

Fred

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: fredsi

Hey Fred,

I had luck getting a different tapered bore to work. It worked quite well. Not sure why this one didn't generate a toolpath. I was pretty careful to check all my settings. I'll just call it a fluke, and we can both confirm that Fusion can do inside tapered bores!

Enjoy your week!

Message 4 of 5
jeff.walters

Luke

That bore looks odd to me. I’m sure it’s just the angle but can you send it to cam.support@autodesk.com? So I can find out why it didn’t cut.

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 5 of 5
fredsi

Luke,

Glad to see it worked out.

BTW, enjoyed looking at your Youtube videos; in particular the style - sort of a stream of consciousness Smiley Happy. Appreciate your efforts.

Fred

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report