Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bore: False positive collisions?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
FrodoLoggins
126 Views, 7 Replies

Bore: False positive collisions?

I'd assume so since I have "stop on collision" checked off but the tool never stops and the stock accuracy is set to the highest.

I'd assume this is due to me setting my bottom height 5 thou below the bottom of all holes but I don't always get collisions detected for all holes. Sometimes only a few holes lol.

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
brekmiller
in reply to: FrodoLoggins

That's a spurious shaft-collides-with-stock issue because the hole is deeper than the flutes -- the shaft is rubbing.

We have already fixed this issue.  Turn on "Preview Features" | "Stock Simulation Improvements".

Brek Miller

Software Engineer
Message 3 of 8
FrodoLoggins
in reply to: brekmiller

Thanks but doesn't look like I have Stock Simulation Improvements in the Preview Features section:

Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 11.21.39 AM.png

Also the tool is necked down. The shaft is a smaller diameter than the cutting diameter:

Also: Clicking the "escape" key did not exit me out of the dialogue for that toolpath, I had to click the dialogue's "Cancel" button. Happens every now and then.

- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
Message 4 of 8
brekmiller

Since September, you need to sign up to the Insider program in order to get access to the preview features. 

Any feature that you had turned on before September will still be available to you.  I see "Automated Arrange" in your image.  If you turn that off, you won't be able to turn it back on unless you become an Insider.

(Becoming an Insider doesn't cost anything.)

Brek Miller

Software Engineer
Message 5 of 8
FrodoLoggins

Just checked the install on my insider build. Not seeing it there either.

Message 6 of 8
FrodoLoggins

If I'm allowed to post a private youtube video of me opening my insider build and doing a search for it and send you a PM with the link let me know. Or I can email the file if it's small enough.

Message 7 of 8
seth.madore

It actually looks like Stock Sim Improvements is in "private preview"

2023-11-03_14h25_27.png

Access to such features is granted on an individual basis and to a select user group. All I can say is "if you know you're good (for the toolpath and tool definition), just run it.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 8 of 8
brekmiller
in reply to: seth.madore

> It actually looks like Stock Sim Improvements is in "private preview"

D'oh.  You're right Seth.  Sorry about that.  The plan is for it to become a public preview in an upcoming release.

Brek Miller

Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums