Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blend TPath generated 5 minutes ago but now: "Error: Too many curves contained in start curve."

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
FrodoLoggins
108 Views, 4 Replies

Blend TPath generated 5 minutes ago but now: "Error: Too many curves contained in start curve."

This blend toolpath milling just this used to generate:

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 8.27.41 AM.pngLocated here:Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 8.28.07 AM.png

Then I added much more to the surfaces/curves (those found in the attached file "1.f3d"). But I got the below error:

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 8.25.41 AM.png

So fine. 15 different blend toolpaths in this one setup aren't enough. I'll mill the chamfers one by one and have 30 blend toolpaths in this one setup. But after removing all surface/curve selections and starting over with JUST THE SAME EXACT SELECTIONS AND SETTINGS THAT WORKED THE FIRST TIME now I get the same error:

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 8.31.43 AM.png

Attachment "2.f3d" contains only the 2 faces/4 curves found during the original toolpath that definitely generated perfectly fine and what I have now.

Guys. I REALLY need to get some work done.

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: FrodoLoggins

Can you share a version of the part from when multiple surfaces and multiple contours actually did work? As far as I can recall, it was always limited to single or multiple surfaces and two guide curves that contacted the selected faces.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
FrodoLoggins
in reply to: seth.madore

It's always been finicky when selecting more than one or two "contours" especially when they are near each other. But ya been doing that for 4 years.

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
Message 4 of 5
seth.madore

Change it to the "old" method of stepover calculation of "On surface"

2024-01-12_08h59_41.png

2024-01-12_09h04_06.png

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 5
seth.madore

I've logged an improvement ticket for "new blend" to work like "old blend"; CAM-50769

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums