Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blend toolpath not generating anymore

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
FrodoLoggins
100 Views, 1 Reply

Blend toolpath not generating anymore

Definitely successfully generated a few weeks ago but today it won't and I noticed one of the drive curve selections is different. The bottom drive curve is shorter than what I originally selected. Right now it looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 8.10.08 AM.png

But it used to extend further like so:

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 8.10.08 AM copy.png

Fusion just decided the edge was too long at some point so it decided to unselect half of it.

That edge is in fact made up of 2 edges. That component used to be 1 component that I split into 2 and then combined both back together due to Fusion's bugginess. And then further bugginess when I tried combining the two back together; combining one with the other would generate an error but combining the other with one combined successfully. Looks like we got a cornucopia of bugginess that's made its way over now to the blend toolpath. And now this forum must be cursed because I can't insert youtube videos:

That edge is in fact made up of 2 edges: https://youtu.be/qZwJwTOye9o

Now if I select the rest of the edge (what was enough to generate the toolpath a few weeks ago) it fails. Never changed the model or toolpath settings but it won't generate:

https://youtu.be/EJa21wHkai0

And the error I get:

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 8.46.09 AM.png

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi. I selected the missing piece of the bottom rail and changed the tolerance to .0004"

I remain hopeful that one day Blend will become more robust and user friendly.  

bradfrancola_1-1686876158334.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums