Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base+Z error with machine simulation

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
byazici
309 Views, 5 Replies

Base+Z error with machine simulation

I am trying to run a machine simulation on my part and keep getting a "Base+Z" error, which seems pretty ambiguous, from trying to simulate with the machine. When I just run simulate (without machine) everything seems fine. What could be the problem?

Archive File is attached

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: byazici

Hi

Base+Z is showing that there is a collision between the Base Features and the Z axis features.

You have the visibility turned off but the Top sheet metal is still selected in machine builder, you can see here it intersects the Z axis

alaasW8M6T_0-1715621161395.png

If you remove "Inside Sheets" from the Static selection then the collision goes away.

Note that due to a change in how machine are updated, once you have fixed this in Machine Builder, you will need to go to the part setup and remove the machine there, then go to machine library and delete it from the document, then re select the machine in the setup from the library

Message 3 of 6
byazici
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

Hello Andrew,

Thank you very much for the solution! I have to ask how you realized the problem was on the top sheet metal? The error was showing up on the tool (the red ball) when I clicked it? Also, is the name “base” a generic name applied by Fusion or did I give it that name and I don’t know about it? Thank you again.

Message 4 of 6
a.laasW8M6T

Hi

I have been using machine simulation for a long time so I know where to look.

The "Base" refers to anything selected under "Static" in the kinematics tab.

alaasW8M6T_1-1715623824760.png

Anything selected under base can also have the visibility turned off in the simulation menu

alaasW8M6T_0-1715623770044.png

Message 5 of 6
byazici
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

There seems to be another way of doing it as well...without deselecting the bodies or components under "Set up machine model>Model Selection>static_0" you can deselect everything related to static_0 collision, I marked it in the below image.

The critical thing is to, as Andrew states, deselect the machine in Setup and then delete it from the document library and re-select it in setup from your own library.

collision_fusion copy.png

Message 6 of 6
a.laasW8M6T

Hi

Yes you can prevent false collisions this way, However you must be careful to ensure that there is no potential for say a collision between the part and the Static features. You are probably OK in this machine type but on others this may not be safe, It will need to be evaluated on a individual basis for each particular machine.

Deselecting parts correctly for collision detection is still a good idea as it can speed up the verification process in Machine simulation as it doesn't have to collision check against so many items

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report