Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Axial Grooving Tool

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tobi-vonhoegen
156 Views, 6 Replies

Axial Grooving Tool

Hey guys, 

Is it possible to simulate such tools or create them as tools?

Greets Tobi

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

You can create tools similar to that, but it won't have that radial sweep as shown in your image. Create an External Grooving Tool and orient it 90 degrees:

2023-01-22_11h24_08.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 7

Thats the Point, i need the Radial sweep, because otherwise i get a collision in simulation.

Message 4 of 7

There's no way to create it without a collision. Well, that's not entirely true, as sometimes you can define it thin enough to not flag a collision.

We make no false boasts about the quality of our lathe tool definitions, we know they're grossly lacking at the moment. But, we ARE working on that and one day hope to offer a better experience

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 7

It would be great if lathe tool definitions were improved. Tobi is not the only one wanting this... 🙂

Thank you! James

Message 6 of 7

Hi Tobi,

I was using exactly the same style of tool yesterday with exactly the same problem!

cheers,

James

Message 7 of 7

@Infernalmecanix wrote:

It would be great if lathe tool definitions were improved. Tobi is not the only one wanting this... 🙂

Thank you! James

I agree! I've got a Doosan Lynx sitting right behind me, there have been many tools that I just couldn't define properly.

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums