Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoiding Z-jumps in pockets

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Paul_BAG
95 Views, 2 Replies

Avoiding Z-jumps in pockets

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on a project using Fusion 360 CAM and encountering an issue with seamless pocket milling. I have a design where I need to mill a pocket that contains a smaller pocket within it. However, when programming the toolpaths, Fusion 360 keeps causing Z-jumps between the two pockets, which disrupts the milling process.

I have tried adjusting various settings within Fusion 360, but I cannot seem to find the option to prevent the tool from retracting to the safety height between the two pockets. I am wondering if there are any specific settings or techniques that I might be overlooking to ensure a smooth transition between the pockets without unnecessary Z-jumps.

Screenshot 2023-10-29 205206.jpg

If anyone has experience dealing with this issue or has any insights on how to achieve seamless pocket milling in Fusion 360 CAM, I would greatly appreciate your guidance and suggestions.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Greetings

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
engineguy
in reply to: Paul_BAG

@Paul_BAG 

Have you tried using the 3D Pocket instead? See attached example file and image below, hope it is of some help 🙂

3D Pocket example.jpg

Message 3 of 3
Paul_BAG
in reply to: Paul_BAG

Thank you so much! Thats what I was looking for!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report