Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apparently I don't understand the WCS as much as I thought I did.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
crchisholm
189 Views, 2 Replies

Apparently I don't understand the WCS as much as I thought I did.

I am designing a secondary spoil board for my CNC (Shapeoko Pro XXL) and I'm getting a strange behavior I don't understand.  I design with the WCS in the lower left corner and seems to be ok.  Then I go to manufacturing and the WCS is as expected in the lower left corner.  But as soon as I start doing the tool paths, another WCS (smaller) shows up in the center of the piece.  Apparently, that is the one that the CNC pays attention to.  I can't find a way to move it the the lower left as it should be.   I'm sure its a stupid user trick but I'm at a loss to understand what I need to do.  Granted, I typically run from the center point of the part, but in this case, I tried to start moving back to the lower left as it is much easier to zero everything from that corner.

I'm attaching the file.   As you will notice by v number, I've been trying to figure this out through many iterations.

Charlie

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: crchisholm

I think it is the fact that you needed to designate the Box Point as the lower left corner in your Setup Configuration.  Also I would place a 1 in the WCS Offset box just to be safe.  Model attached.

Box Point.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
crchisholm
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thank You.  That did it.  I guess I still have a lot to learn.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report