Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Updates on ITAR?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
user87246
1092 Views, 12 Replies

Any Updates on ITAR?

Wondering if we can get any updates on Fusion 360 being ITAR compliant. What has come of the ITAR feedback post?

Getting over the lack of updates on Inventor/HSM

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
wjimenez0883
in reply to: user87246

I found this post ITAR Survey, wondering if any headway has been made on the subject since. I work for an Aerospace Supplier who cannot have anything on the cloud, unless it is GovCloud, which is encrypted and CMMC compliant. A GovCloud storage option for projects or an offline version to keep all files local would be ideal. We're considering switching all 8 of our programmer, but need this issue resolved. 

-Will

Message 3 of 13
zwelsh91

ITAR Compliance has often been talked about on here. I too would like to see some sort of direct option for Compliant Data Management. But there are options. @seth.madore has a great workflow that he has expressed many times for working inside ITAR and Customer Non Disclosure Stipulations. I use it all the time. It is as easy as opening Fusion, Switching to OFFLINE MODE, doing all of your CAD/CAM work in OFFLINE MODE and saving locally using the "Export" function, then once you have closed your project in Fusion you can switch back to online mode. If you are needing to conform to ISO:9001/AS:9100 you can engineer a quality procedure and publish it to your QMS so as to explicitly define your process for handling ITAR and Sensitive Data.

Zak Welsh
Zakary Welsh Machine LLC
Message 4 of 13
seth.madore
in reply to: wjimenez0883

ITAR compliance is a project that's well on our minds and something we very much need to offer our customers. That said, it's a large project and I don't have an approximate timeline to offer you. For now, it's a process of exporting .f3d files and intentionally not saving to the cloud. This is cumbersome, I realize, as you lose all version control (unless you want to export each version and end up with dozens of similar files).

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 13
zodiaceng
in reply to: seth.madore

Has there been any update on this?

www.zodiaceng.com
Message 6 of 13
seth.madore
in reply to: zodiaceng

Sadly, no progress to my knowledge (although, I'm far removed from the discussions surrounding this topic)

Seth Madore
Message 7 of 13
wgeorge1991
in reply to: seth.madore

Hey @seth.madore,

I am attempting to get everything setup to take some ITAR/EAR work in the near future and just wanted to make sure the workflow above is adequate for ITAR/EAR compliance. If I work in offline mode and export instead of save nothing gets uploaded to the cloud, making that workflow ITAR compliant. Is that correct?

Thanks a bunch!

Message 8 of 13
seth.madore
in reply to: wgeorge1991

@wgeorge1991 theoretically, this will be compliant. However, if your customers are ignorant to how Fusion can work offline, they may insist on you not using it, just a warning to you.

You won't have version control and it's possible that other features such as creating Drawings may not work with "unsaved" data. 

Seth Madore
Message 9 of 13
jason_laneZTBVE

We have just attained our CMMC 2.0 compliance at our company.  Like many engineering, design, and manufacturing businesses in the United States, we do work (either directly or through prime contractors) for the US government.  I had hoped to continue using Fusion 360.  Unfortunately, since Autodesk has demonstrated that they do not take customer-mandated security compliance in a significant market sector seriously, I have to choose one of the CAD software packages which does.   Sorry, Autodesk.  For whatever reason your management has blown off the vast defense / government market.    

Message 10 of 13

Its extremely disappointing. We are currently demoing other specifically because of this issue. You would think this would be their highest priority.

Really hope someone can chime in with any updates or confirmation that it is actually being worked on.

Message 11 of 13

Theres always HSMWorks or InventorCAM which are offline platforms and come
as part of the Fusion360 package, I believe.
Message 12 of 13
seth.madore
in reply to: wjimenez0883

@wjimenez0883 wrote:
Theres always HSMWorks or InventorCAM which are offline platforms and come
as part of the Fusion360 package, I believe.

While it is true these are both offline programs, Inventor is not part of the base Fusion subscription; that is a separate subscription.

Seth Madore
Message 13 of 13

@jakehernandezsb wrote:

Really hope someone can chime in with any updates or confirmation that it is actually being worked on.

Sadly, I cannot state that this is the case.

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report