Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas on the best way to achieve this ramp?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Ryan_Fab
99 Views, 3 Replies

Any ideas on the best way to achieve this ramp?

Im hoping im able to pick the highlighted contour and let the tool cut simultaneously in xy&Z. I just cant manage it

Any help greatly appreciated. File is attached

Ryan_Fab_0-1698068815637.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: Ryan_Fab

Blend should get you something decent. However, without doing some funky setups, you're not going to be able to achieve an exact replica of your model. We have tool nose radii to consider..

2023-10-23_09h52_12.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
Ryan_Fab

Hi Seth, thanks for taking a look. Im hoping to do it fairly quick. Im not too fussed about recreating exactly whats modelled, Im trying to generate a channel for some wires, so they dont snag on any edges. I havent modelled it but the wires come from a hole at the bottom of the internal radiused corner

Ryan_Fab_0-1698070076521.png

Is there a way where I could drive the center of a ball nose across along the sketched path above? As im typing ive just thought of trace, ill go and give that a look

cheers 

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore

I'd steer you away from Trace, it will likely gouge. Project would be my first choice

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report