Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anilam Crusader 2 M Custom Post Processor

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Ryanenick
391 Views, 7 Replies

Anilam Crusader 2 M Custom Post Processor

I've looked everywhere through these forums for a working Post; Nothing seems to work. I have a alliant knee mill with a Anilam Crusader M series control. It has manual spindle control up to 4500 rpms, No coolant control, and manual quick change tools with 32 t001 calls. Below I attached a program that came with the programming book and works flawlessly. I have went through every post in the library and every post on the cloud. I need a post modified. Can anyone help me out here please and thank you!!   

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Ryanenick
in reply to: Ryanenick

I am willing to do my part and test modified post with a full reply. I've knoticed most ppl asking for help don't reply back to Hughes tooling if it works or not. I have mastercam with a working post, but I am definitely looking to buy into fusion. It's way more user friendly. I don't want to buy into fusion without a working post processor. The current anilam iso post is close but circle errors occur. I need XYIJ on the same line. I get XIJ assuming Y is 0. I'm new to machining as I'm a welder by trade. Any help would be so appreciated.

Message 3 of 8
serge.quiblier

Hello  

we are in the process of creating a variant post to support this machine.

If you are willing to test our first beta version, I will provide it.

Please be careful during your test as the post was never proven on a machine.

You will need to have a look at the G29 T at the start of the program.

It is filled with the information from Fusion but check them carefully.

We have a doubt on a specific point, that you can be able to clarify.

Apparently, it is possible to retract the tool to a safe position using:

T0

Z0

If the next operation uses a different tool, I don’t think there is a problem, but if two consecutive operations use the same tool, is it possible to write

T0

Z0

(NEW OPERATION)

G1 X1.23 Y4.56

or should we do

T0

Z0

(NEW OPERATION)

T1 (repeated, same as the previous operation)

G1 X1.23 Y4.56

Because of this doubt, the post is only retracting to the clearance plane. If you can clarify it will be appreciated.

Drilling, arcs and helix are supported. (helix not tested)

Regards

PS : Some of the code was tested 2 years ago by a Forum user, but not the latest changes. (G29, helix...)

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com
Message 4 of 8
Ryanenick
in reply to: serge.quiblier

So the post processor attached to your message is close. This is block N28 G3 Y3.059 I0.04 J3.285... There is no X value and it should look like this N28 G3 X0 Y3.059 I0.04 J3.285. G2 and G3 need a X Y I and J value even if it is zero.  Also to answer your question.... this is the way to write the block for no tool change new setup.

T0

Z0

(NEW OPERATION)

T1 (repeated, same as the previous operation)

G1 X1.23 Y4.56

Message 5 of 8
serge.quiblier

Hello @Ryanenick 

please find in attachment a new revision of the post, with the suggested changes implemented.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com
Message 6 of 8
Ryanenick
in reply to: serge.quiblier

• I don't want to jump the gun, but....Your recent updated post processor works!!! I wouldn't call it a wrap just yet bc I need to do some tool changes. Fusion is telling me I cannot write multiple tool paths with more then one tool. I'm assuming it's because I'm running the free version. What I will have to do is hand edit a program in my editor, and swap in a tool change. I will use the same diameter with a different offset. So let me make this clear. THE ATTACHED POST WORKS!!! I made a simple 2by3 facing opp with a center hole with a diameter of 1in using a 1/2 in cutter. This is the first post to do perfect circles. Thank you very much!!! I will get back to you concerning  tool calls and offsets.
Message 7 of 8
serge.quiblier

Hi @Ryanenick 

thanks for the feedback and for helping us improve the post.

I will help us validate the Crusader variant of the post.

Thanks for taking time.

Have a nice day.

Regards.

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com
Message 8 of 8
steve.siereveld

Does this post processor work?

Thank You!

-Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report