Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alter c axis limit of degrees of rotation

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
c.teasdale.contact
236 Views, 4 Replies

alter c axis limit of degrees of rotation

Hi there
I'm trying to 4 axis machine on lathe with fixed c axis and live tooling in x 
Posts with c values starting and 0 then when it gets to 359.99 (for examples) the next c value is 1' (rather than 361')
My machine rotates the long way back to 1 rather than the short travel to 361 (1) when posted this way
I am aware some machines have parameters you can change to ignore this but unfortunately I can't find a way to make mine treat the c axis as linear 

machine is Hitachi Seiki Hicell L111/A

Machine has stroke limit of C9999.999 so hoping to programme c rotation up to this value, split programme and continue

Also tried parameter 1600 #4 on machine

Is there somewhere in processor edit that I can up the C value limit?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi @c.teasdale.contact 

What is the post you are using?

you can find the line in the post like this where it sets the range and set the cyclic to false this will solve the issue
Attach the post here if you could not find this

var aAxis = createAxis({coordinate:0, table:true, axis:[1, 0, 0], range:[0, 9999], preference:1, tcp:false});

Boopathi Sivakumar
Senior Technology Consultant

Message 3 of 5

Hello; many thanks for the reply, you are exactly right - I edited one of
the posts in the library this morning

For anyone else trying to edit this sort of thing , text edit and command f
to find the section I was looking for

It's easy when you know how!

Message 4 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi, I've since tried this for C axis alteration 

if (true) {
var bAxisMain = createAxis({coordinate:1, table:false, axis:[0, -1, 0], range:[-0.001, 90.001], preference:0});
var cAxisMain = createAxis({coordinate:2, table:true, axis:[0, 0, 1], cyclic:false, preference:0}); // C axis is modal between primary and secondary spindle

var bAxisSub = createAxis({coordinate:1, table:false, axis:[0, -1, 0], range:[-0.001, 180.001], preference:0});
var cAxisSub = createAxis({coordinate:2, table:true, axis:[0, 0, 1], cyclic:false, preference:0}); // C axis is modal between primary and secondary spindle

A problem I have is my machine only reads C values up to +/- 9999.999

Programme goes up to 30000.

I tried:

if (true) {
var bAxisMain = createAxis({coordinate:1, table:false, axis:[0, -1, 0], range:[-0.001, 90.001], preference:0});
var cAxisMain = createAxis({coordinate:2, table:true, axis:[0, 0, 1], cyclic:false, range:[-2800., 2800.], preference:0}); // C axis is modal between primary and secondary spindle

var bAxisSub = createAxis({coordinate:1, table:false, axis:[0, -1, 0], range:[-0.001, 180.001], preference:0});
var cAxisSub = createAxis({coordinate:2, table:true, axis:[0, 0, 1], cyclic:false, range:[-2800., 2800.], preference:0}); // C axis is modal between primary and secondary spindle

I also have to split the programme up as it is too large so have to run in 30 separate programmes - this means I need to move out at around c2800 for first programme and rejoin in job with continued programme 

I need to be able to set C output limits as tried above but I'm getting this error:

Error: REWIND: Rewind of machine is required for simultaneous multi-axis toolpath and has been disabled.
Stop time: Mon Feb 20 16:57:30 2023
Post processing failed.

Am I trying to input a range in the wrong place? Please help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report