Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After OCT update my Rotary axis is flipped 180 in post processor

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Slicingblade
166 Views, 3 Replies

After OCT update my Rotary axis is flipped 180 in post processor

Having a weird bug where the rotary is reversed 180 degrees from what it was prior to update.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: Slicingblade

Hi

Can you give a bit more information.

• are you using machine simulation/machine configurations to define your kinematics, or are they handled in the post processor?
  • What post processor are you using?
  • What machine tool are you using with which controller?
  • Can you provide an example file demonstrating the issue(and maybe a screen cast?)
Message 3 of 4
Slicingblade
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

They are handled in the post processor, on a Tormach 1100MX with  Tormach post proccessor.

Here is the file that I am currently running.

Rotary axis is located on left side of machine, with options correctly set in machine.
Historically I have run all rotary programs with rotary axis defined in ncprogram as X under PP configurations.

An older fusion 4axis program screenshot

Slicingblade_0-1697277815592.png

Message 4 of 4
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: Slicingblade

In my experience any rotary that is on the left side of the table should be using the X(reversed) configuration(following standard coordinate system conventions)

alaasW8M6T_0-1697313124352.png

Is it possible that parts you have made in the past were rotationally symmetric and you didn't notice that it wasn't going to the correct angles?

There have been no recent updates to the post processor or fusion that would have caused this to suddenly change(that I can tell)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report