Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Tabs in 2D Profile (LASER CUTTING) to curved feature creates Warning-passes discarded

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
MJP63
212 Views, 8 Replies

Adding Tabs in 2D Profile (LASER CUTTING) to curved feature creates Warning-passes discarded

Whenever I manually add tabs in sheet metal fabrication nests to a curved feature (hole, oval etc) I get:

Warning: One or more passes were discarded due to linking constraints.

Am I missing something or is there a good workaround?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
seth.madore
in reply to: MJP63

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 9
MJP63
in reply to: seth.madore

Thanks Seth!

The design was sent to me from a customer.  We do the sheet metal work for them and I do the nesting and Gcode.

We have not had this issue with other designs; but none have had the ovals until now.

I noticed that if I break a single part out from the design and nest just that part with the same parameters, I have no problems.  But we need all these parts nested for utilization.

I was using manual tabs as I only need them on the ovals.  It also gives me the warning if I add one to the one larger round hole.  I have tried multiple locations on the contours to no avail.  We do not use lead ins or outs.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mike

Message 4 of 9
seth.madore

If you could email me a link to the file, I'd be happy to take a look at it. Right click on the file in the Data Panel and select "Share Link". Make sure that it's set to "Allow items to be Downloaded" and email me the link:

seth DOT madore AT autodesk DOT com

Example:

2024-02-14_09h35_18.png

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 9
MJP63

done...forgot to attach to my last reply

Message 6 of 9
seth.madore

Yep, I can confirm that this is an issue. There is a workaround, but it does require setting your Pierce Clearance to zero.

2024-02-14_13h02_02.png

Seth Madore
Message 7 of 9
seth.madore

I've opened CAM-51580 to investigate this issue

Seth Madore
Message 8 of 9
MJP63

Any update on this issue (CAM-51580)?

Message 9 of 9
seth.madore

No update, sorry. In all transparency, it could be a bit of time before this is resolved, sad to say.

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report