Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a chamfer to steel part, using ballnose cutter...

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jared_seymor
123 Views, 4 Replies

Adding a chamfer to steel part, using ballnose cutter...

Full disclosure, I'm new to Fusion360 but believe I have successfully fumbled my way through a lot of it.

I am trying to add a chamfer to this steel part, using a ballnose end mill but am not sure how to do it.  Can anyone help guide me to making a chamfer and using a ballnose, using multiple passes?

Edit:  

I can do it via 2D chamfer, but only using a chamfer bit in 1 pass.

Also, the model in Fusion360 does not have the chamfer built in and I'm using the model as stock, if that matters.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarthBane55
in reply to: jared_seymor

Hi, many ways to do it.  Parallel, Flow, Flow Preview would be the easiest and probable best ones to try.

Message 3 of 5
jared_seymor
in reply to: DarthBane55

Can I do Flow (never used it before) if the chamfer isn't already built in to the model?

Message 4 of 5
seth.madore

No, you need to have the chamfer modeled.

If the issue with a Chamfer tool and one pass is that it's too much of a cut, you could duplicate the toolpath and play with different values to give you a quasi form of "multiple depths"

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5
jared_seymor

Thanks guys, I modeled the chamfer in and was able to get it to work using Parallel.  did exactly what I wanted.  Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums