Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add speed/feed for tool on every operation?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bigeddymachineshop
108 Views, 3 Replies

Add speed/feed for tool on every operation?

If I'm roughing with tool 1, then finishing at the same speeds with tool 1 in the next op, it doesn't call a speed/feed for finish op. 

It makes it a bit awkward to restart programs from that op, as there is no speed called.

I try to keep us from hand editing code as much as possible, and a check box is more reliable than changing the speed between rough/finish by 1 rpm to get it to call it.

Is there an option/check box to add the feed and speed for a tool at the start of every operation?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The absolute simplest way would be to use a Manual NC called "Force Tool Change". Now, this would have the consequence of sending the tool home, turning off spindle/coolant and executing an M01. 

The next option is to edit your post processor so it always posts out the expected codes.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4

@seth.madore The behavior of the force tool change is going to depend on the machine tool and how the builder has implemented the tool change logic.

On all the machines we have at work if I call a tool that's already in the spindle it just says 'Same tool programmed' and carries on without stopping, some of our machines won't even stop if you call a different tool(which is baaad news).

So I do use the Force tool change manual NC to do what the OP is asking and it works great for me, but obviously not on other machines.

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

Ah, did not know that non-Fanuc (RS274) machines had yet one more difference in behavior..

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report