Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add "Points" and "Diameter Override" to Bore cycle?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
programming2C78B
98 Views, 4 Replies

Add "Points" and "Diameter Override" to Bore cycle?

this would be nice to have. I can select a point to drill, but then also need to model a surface cylinder to bore it out? How about we just add these two features to the Bore stategy, think akin to how Thread Mill works! 

I am currently roughing out the bulk of a pocket with a U drill, then REST adapting. It would be safer in this Ti to be able to bore cycle the little islands of material instead of the program thinking it's 100% gone and just speeding through it all. 

programming2C78B_0-1698698272486.png

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

You can use the bore milling cycle under the drill menu to mill bores with selected points

alaasW8M6T_0-1698721563361.png

Message 3 of 5

The toolpath fails to generate for me. Are you using a single sketch point? 

edit: you have to still select the drawn circle, not the center point. 

Message 4 of 5

Are you using "Selected Points"?

2023-10-31_08h56_36.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5

I was initially yes, but if I do Selected Diameters (and select the sketched circle) it will work! Funny how the toolpath is still a plunge, but simulates the actual helix in. 

Can these overrides/features be added to the Bore cycle? In my mind it should be as simple as a copy paste 😉 

My guess is that the software is simply creating a canned cycle in the background and uses the center point as initial coords.

programming2C78B_0-1698761148848.png

programming2C78B_1-1698761212463.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums