Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADD OPTION TO SHOW COOLANT TYPE

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Farzati.Scott
168 Views, 3 Replies

ADD OPTION TO SHOW COOLANT TYPE

Is there a way to add the coolant type option under the tools of the setup configuration?  It would be helpful for machinists to see when they are choosing the type of holder to use.  It is currently under the Operations section only, but as stated if this could be added to the Tool Section as well.  Seems like a easy task and would be beneficial since flood and through tool coolant options can make a difference in what type of holder is to be used...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: Farzati.Scott

Indeed they do make a difference, there's few things more concerning to me when I realize I've turned on my 1,000PSI thru-coolant on a holder not designed for that usage.

If you're using the Excel based Setup Sheet, you should be able to have this information carried thru onto the sheet.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
Farzati.Scott
in reply to: seth.madore

Currently I just go through the manage tab for setup configuration which
selects all the options, but coolant isn't under the tools tab. Not sure
how to go about making a custom configuration?
Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: Farzati.Scott

There are no configurations to those setup sheets that would give you the info you're looking for. For custom info such as that, you'd need to use the Excel setup sheet and customize the post processor to your needs.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report