Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add custom Cutter to tool library

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ln_lja
129 Views, 2 Replies

Add custom Cutter to tool library

This is all new to me: I've imported a STEP file of a ORING Cutter into Fusion 360 Design, I wish to add it to my tool library and mate it to a holder just as I'd do with any other hole making tool. My process is to use a small end mill and rough the ORING Groove leaving 0.005 in on side & bottom, then call the custom tool to plunge to depth thus creating a finished ORing feature. HELP?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: ln_lja

You can create a form tool:

https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=MFG-CREATE-FORM-TOOL

You can create it from the step file by projecting the body to a sketch and using the sketch to create the form tool

Message 3 of 3
seth.madore
in reply to: ln_lja

One thing to note; is this a tool that only works in the Z axis, or is it a type of cutter like an endmill (just with oring geometry)? If it's only in the Z axis, your simulation is likely not going to be accurate (although the code will be). We don't have the ability to create form tools that are "hollow" in the middle, so it's going to look like a flat bottom endmill and will appear to remove all material in the middle.

Link to the tool would be helpful 🙂 

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums