Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adaptive clearing toolpath from outside

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
thijsvnoordt
140 Views, 5 Replies

adaptive clearing toolpath from outside

Hi guys,

I am trying to program an adaptive clearing in wood with a 8mm straight 2 flute. I want to have a large stepdown so chip clearing is essential. I am trying to get the to enter from outside the stock on each stepover but it keeps slotting or plunging into the middle of the stock. Any tips or advice would be great!

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

For this specific stepdown, you could also just do a 2D pocket with a small stepover and get exactly what you want. Otherwise, try 3D adaptive and just don't over confine it. Only tell it your max depth and disable machine cavities (in this instance) 

programming2C78B_0-1695382175884.png

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 3 of 6

Ahh thanks! this already looks way better, but i can only do half of the part in 1 setup because my machine is not large enough to do the whole thing. Also i am relatively new to CAM so could you maybe how you got it to the pocket in the picture. Thank a lot for the help!
Message 4 of 6
Marco.Takx
in reply to: thijsvnoordt

Hi @thijsvnoordt,

Like @programming2C78B explane is a real good solution to use.

But if for some reason you like to do it like you selected the area.

I modify your selections in the Geometry tab.

If my post answers your question Please use Accept as Solution & Kudos This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Met vriendelijke groet | Kind regards | Mit freundlichem Gruß

Marco Takx
CAM Consultant

Message 5 of 6

I cant give you a perfect path remotely without knowing what your machine travel limits are, the true stock size, and how it's held etc.

I recommend not using a lift on adaptive paths - Last tab.

If your sketch is your machines max travel, change the 2nd tab to Center on boundary. Otherwise, just use it to constrain your one direction (Y in your case, it just needs to be big enough along the other 3 sides)

Stock contour is not needed to be selected. Either model it, create it in your setup, or just select the bottom profile of your part IF you want to include it. Here, you don't.

FILE ATTACHED TO THIS POST 

programming2C78B_0-1695383575867.png

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 6 of 6
thijsvnoordt
in reply to: Marco.Takx

Hi thank you for the response!
could you maybe help me with setting up the toolpath? because i cant get it to work.
thanks in advance!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums