Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive Clearing Rapid Moves when not cutting

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jackG933P
132 Views, 5 Replies

Adaptive Clearing Rapid Moves when not cutting

How do I get fusion to output G0 for the yellow linking moves instead of high feedrate or normal feedrate. When I select "preserve rapid movement" in the Linking tab, the only linking moves that are actually G0 are the ones where the tool is fully retracted. All other moves are at the cutting feedrate. When simulating the toolpath, the type of movement is shown as "direct" instead of "rapid" for the yellow linking moves that are not retracted. How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: jackG933P

They are not quite the same yellow as the rapids like a slightly darker yellow.

Anyway you adjust the No engagement feed on the linking tab

alaasW8M6T_0-1700093403397.png

I have mine set as a default to like half my rapid speed but you can set it to whatever you like(Click on the tree dots beside the field and select save as user default)

Message 3 of 6
jackG933P
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

Is there a way to set this to rapid move instead of a feedrate?
Message 4 of 6
a.laasW8M6T

Not in Fusion as such(You can set the Value in that field to be equal to your rapid feed but it will be output as a G1), but you could probably modify your post processor to replace all no engagement(Direct) feed moves as rapids.

Seems kind of risky though.

Most machines won't even get close to achieving rapid on those moves anyway unless you have a Brother speedio or similar 

What machine do you have?

Message 5 of 6
jackG933P
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

I just so happen to be running Speedios 🙂
Message 6 of 6
a.laasW8M6T

Nice, they are pretty cool machines.

it looks like their maximum G1 feed is 30,000mm/min, so you could set it to that. will still be pretty quick. but not Rapid Quick.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums