Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive and parallel toolpaths on tricky part

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bensherlockdesigns
109 Views, 4 Replies

Adaptive and parallel toolpaths on tricky part

So it may not be a really tricky part, but it is turning out to be a little hard for what i have experience for.

This is a section of a keystone for a timber pergola. 6 parts of this to make the top hex keystone out of timber, Will be machined on a 3 axis CNC router.

In the design there is a jig I knocked up to hold the precut block. I rotated the part to get the 90 degree feature facing upright. From there i used a 2d pocket clearing, and then a parallel path to try and machine out the angled wall.  Op1 and then op 2 the part will be rotated and same tool path made. WCS is located on the jig.

So, how do you control the parallel path? In this it runs the endmill up and down the tapered wall, but then doesnt go all the way to the bottom. Im also not worried about having a 6mm corner radius in the corner of the pocket. I just need it to go to the bottom of the pocket and that should clean up the side wall as well.

I hope this make sense. Perhaps there is a better way of machining this out. I will keep playing with settings and options as well in the mean time.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

The file you shared doesn't have any toolpaths or setup in it, please share your most recent attempt 🙂

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5

https://a360.co/3wgk5aT

Hopefully either of these work

Message 4 of 5

Is your desire to machine everything here as well?

2023-01-20_08h58_34.png

2023-01-20_08h59_00.png

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 5

It's just a matter of setting your Boundary Chain correctly:

2023-01-20_09h00_12.png

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report