Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Axis Simultaneous Help

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
NickErmis
242 Views, 5 Replies

5 Axis Simultaneous Help

Hi Everyone,

Just got our first 5 axis mill and I am playing around a little bit, stumped on a test part.  I am trying to simultaneous 5 axis mill the attached part, just a simple propeller.  The top side was easy, but where I am running into trouble is on the bottom size of the prop.  Any insight on a good technique for this would be greatly appreciated.   Not a part for a customer or anything, just trying to familiarize myself in this different world.

Thanks

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
NickErmis
in reply to: NickErmis

Added a .f3d file.  

Message 3 of 6

I dont think thats the right file, and what issue exactly are you running into? 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 4 of 6
NickErmis

Your right, it was the wrong project.  Some reason I can export as a .f3d file, it only goes to .f3z file type.  Not sure why.   The project is linked on my original post. 

The issue I am having is getting what looks like a clean surfacing cut that mills the bottom of the propeller. 

Message 5 of 6
a.laasW8M6T

Geodesic is your Friend here, its an amazingly versatile toolpath that can give some great results.

I'm pretty happy with the blade toolpaths but the hub toolpath leaves something to be desired, I've added a rotary parallel toolpath there too for comparison 

Message 6 of 6
NickErmis

I like that!!! Thanks so much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report