Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 axis post for mach3 for a diy cnc machine

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
devalsmeet1998
352 Views, 5 Replies

5 axis post for mach3 for a diy cnc machine

I just built a cnc machine which is a 5 axis head head cnc machine, i was planing to use mach 3 i am new in building cnc machines i was not aware that i should have used a controller which has rtcp , and i sow the post for 5axis maker it uses mach3 it has 2 offsets caxisoffset and pivot distance i change it using my calculations but i am getting some errors  z is not displacing 

I calculated referencing this video 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-PLDCGNQBQ

i have attached the results of both calculations 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
engineguy
in reply to: devalsmeet1998

@devalsmeet1998 

Your Post Processor is setup for 5 axes using B and C for the Head/Head but you appear to have your Mach3 setup for 5 Axes using A and B for the Head/Head, I think that they need to be the same. Image below is what I get with my Mach3.

Mach3 6 axis.jpg

Message 3 of 6

i update is was able to get z displacement but i dont think its the value which i wanted to get, @engineguy thankyou for ur response my machine is set up for head head mach 3 is also b and c   

Message 4 of 6
engineguy

@devalsmeet1998 

I can only go by the image that you posted, it shows your Mach3 setup as X/Y/Z/A/B

I can only say that the Post Processor that you uploaded works OK here as shown in the image I uploaded.

Message 5 of 6
devalsmeet1998
in reply to: engineguy

thank you for your help @engineguy i was able to get good values but there is a problem when i try to run program when the b axis is 90 i am getting values of x = 162. y 541.5 and z of - 173 where the values should be 162 y 526 and z - 165 and where b and c are -90 i am getting correct values for x,y,b,c but the z is incorrect is there someting wrong 

Message 6 of 6
engineguy

@devalsmeet1998 

I don`t have the Machining Extension so I can only do some simple Toolpaths using the "Tool Orientation" system so try the attached file and see what you get 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report