Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th axis wrapped toolpath wrong

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
stringm
188 Views, 4 Replies

4th axis wrapped toolpath wrong

I am trying to post a wrapped tool path using the 2d adaptive plus wrapped option, and the 2d contour with the wrapped option.

I'm struggling and don't really know if I am doing it the best / right way. I created a patch of the wrapped cylinder extended it so I could enter from the side of the part. split the cylinder patch and turned it into two operations because one was not working for me as one operation.

now I'm having the issue of the Z depth. The cylinder rad is 1.55 or so and so the z depth should stay at that depth but for some reason it keeps going deeper. I'm out of my depth and not sure if it's an option I messed up or the post itself or what.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
programming2C78B
in reply to: stringm

I believe it's actually correct, you have to remember that when the tool wraps and is moving along Y (off center) , the cutting edge is not at the same height as the center bottom of the tool. If you run it with Comparison on, it'll make more sense. 

It may be faster and less wear on your machine to use a 1/2" em along center and slot it out in 1-2 Depths. 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 3 of 5
stringm
in reply to: programming2C78B

that makes sense but the amount that the z changes is def off, how would i run it with compensation on?

Message 4 of 5
programming2C78B
in reply to: stringm

edit toolpath > 4th tab >  "passes" > Compensation Type 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 5 of 5
stringm
in reply to: programming2C78B

nah adjusting that didn't help anything. thank you tho.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums