Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th axis post issues

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
iisreyes
272 Views, 7 Replies

4th axis post issues

Hi,

I'm having this weird issue. On march, I made a couple of parts to be machined in the 4th axis, I had almost no issues back then, but the workflow needed deburring and drilling a hole, so during May, I made those changes along with fine tuning speeds and feeds for the first tools, however, after posting, the generated toolpaths wouldn't match the simulation, i.e. 4th axis not moving when it should, so the tool cuts where made where they shouldn't be made, damaging the letters and symbols being machined. Tried all outputs for multiaxis, inverse time, deg/min, programmed feed, but it didn't matter, always the same issue. So I ran the old programs and they work, but the new ones won't, and I can't figure out why is that. Any ideas?

I'm attaching the .f3d files as well as both the old and new files posted. My machine is a Haas VM2 pre-NGC with HA5C rotary, and I'm using the Haas pre-NGC post, not the one deprecated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
seth.madore
in reply to: iisreyes

The file that you've shared doesn't have any CAM data with it. Could you share a file that has Setups and toolpaths to go along with it?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 8
iisreyes
in reply to: seth.madore

Sorry Seth, I didn't check if it was complete. I think this one is the full file.

Message 4 of 8
iisreyes

I replied with the complete file, but got no more answers. Did this problem get resolved with the latest update?
Message 5 of 8
seth.madore

Sorry, I've been otherwise occupied the last couple of weeks, still playing catch-up.

In the file you shared, is it the first or second setup I'm looking at?

Seth Madore
Message 6 of 8
iisreyes

No worries, Seth, I understand. Both setups are using the same toolpaths, just different design, and the problem happens in both, mostly when approaching the B's and O's internal pockets.
Message 7 of 8
seth.madore

And so I understand correctly:

1) You programmed this quite some time ago in Fusion, minus the holes

2) You recently opened up this file to also program the holes

3) You changed nothing in the setup, all orientations are the same

4) Now you're trying to add (machine) features on a part that is already semi-machined.

5) Features aren't lining up.

Seth Madore
Message 8 of 8
iisreyes

1) Yes, both the hole and the debur toolpaths are new.
2) Correct
3) Switched X axis to drill the hole away from the A-axis, but since the problem showed up, I duplicated the first setup to change orientations, but nothing changed. Al I did besides that was fine tuned speeds and feeds for the tools, to follow the manufacturer's recommendations, but the tools are the same.
4) Not exactly, it's for a new batch of the parts, so I'm trying to run the new program including the new Ops.
5) They line up, but the movements are not the same, Z lowers before A rotates, not simultaneous, which leads to the tool cutting features it is not supposed to cut, here's a picture of what I'm trying to explain.

rollerBcut.jpg

The rest of the features that look damaged are the result of trying changes to how the post generates feeds for the A-axis, However, the same problem occurs: the tool not retracting to the heights I specified and not simultaneous movements during this particular sections of the toolpath.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums