Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th Axis OD Machining Question

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
MatthewECornelius
152 Views, 3 Replies

4th Axis OD Machining Question

Hello Forum,

Attached is a part I recently had to machine and I would like to further my knowledge on how to get Fusion 360 to machine features on the OD of the part. On the model you will see one of them painted red, and that gives you an idea of the rest of them. I have a brand new HAAS VF2SS with a 4th axis (rotary center around X, and on right most side/center of table) to machine the part. I simply held onto the OD of the part with a 3 jaw chuck. In the provided file I also have the rough stock model associated with the finished part, this is how I would recive the part for milling. I also have the machining extensions for Fusion 360. No rush as I hand wrote a custom macro program to do the machining, but I would love to know how a feature like that could be machined using Fusion 360.

Thanks,

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Give this a look. I created some additional surfaces to better control my Flow(Preview) toolpath, this should get you pointed in the right direction 🙂

2023-06-21_06h29_43.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4

Seth,

Sorry for the late "accept", your solution worked great! Thanks again.

Message 4 of 4

Glad to hear it!

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report