Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Axis setup and wrapping problems

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
77_JR
173 Views, 2 Replies

4 Axis setup and wrapping problems

Hi everyone,

I’m hoping one of you experts can help me. I’ve finally made the decision to start paying for fusion to take advantage of the premium features.

i e been following the video tutorial below to try and get me started on 4th axis fun:

https://youtu.be/GTV9vCTPiZo?si=DsUnpLd5fvMMNUjh

unfortunately, my stock is 90 degrees out and I can’t even find the wrap feature in pocketing or adaptive 2D cut.

Ive attached the fusion file. Can someone please cast an eye over what I am doing incorrectly and explain in a way a noob will understand lol.

many many many thanks in advance!!!!

In this Autodesk Fusion 360 video, Dylan Smith will demonstrate how to use your 4-axis by wrapping 2D toolpaths in the Fusion 360 Manufacturing workspace. Dylan will cover how to wrap toolpaths and how it can help you yield more from your 4th axis. Before creating toolpaths, Dylan needs to ensure
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
engineguy
in reply to: 77_JR

@77_JR 

Hope this is of some help, I have just done a simple Rotary Contour as a starter for you and done a short video and also attached modified version of your original file for you to experiment with, hopefully the video will explain so I`m not going to to type out a long explanation 🙂 🙂 🙂

Message 3 of 3
77_JR
in reply to: engineguy

Absolutely fantastic work! Couldn’t have asked for a better explanation!!

Thank you so much!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report