Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3MF Scene Export not available after May 30 update

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
AWR5015
242 Views, 5 Replies

3MF Scene Export not available after May 30 update

Hi,  I noticed after the latest Fusion 360 update (posted May 30th), the 3MF Scene Export is no longer available on any of my models.   Previously I was able to select export my setup data from the Actions pull-down menu.

According to the update, there should be a new icon within the Additive Manufacturing  - Actions menu tab.  I did read on the follow up link that an FFF enabled Printer should be selected within the Setup (which I have double checked), but, the option still is not appearing for me. (https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=MFG-AM-HOW-TO-EXPORT-TO-3MF)

Is anyone else seeing this issue? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ianchantrell
in reply to: AWR5015

• I have the same problem. The 3MF scene export choice in Manufacturing/Actions no longer exists. This is irritating as I used it a lot. It is still possible to export the entire file in file/export and choose the 3MF export option but this is not something I would want to do. Look forward to a solution, preferably by reinstating the 3MF option. Any clue as to why it was removed?

Message 3 of 6
AWR5015
in reply to: ianchantrell

Yeah, the 3MF Scene Export was very useful.  I'm really not sure why the feature was removed, especially since the 2.0.16265 update notes clearly state that it should be there as a standalone button.  I ended up starting a thread in the Support Forum since it seemed like a bug with this version release.  Hopefully it gains some traction to fix the issue soon...  

And I agree that the File > Export as "3MF" isn't ideal and definitely is not the same as the "3MF Scene Export".  For me, that option doesn't capture all the build plate models (including support geometry) with the manufacturing model, which I was relying on for additional post-processing. 

I've tried toggling between different FFF Printer setups and other types (as the help page suggests), but nothing enables the export like it states.

Message 4 of 6
serge.quiblier

Hi All,

It seems strange.

I am using the latest update of Fusion.

I have a model, and an FFF setup.

And the option is there :

sergequiblier_0-1686046218037.png

Regards.

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com
Message 5 of 6
serge.quiblier

This menu option had moved into the additive extension.

But a possible work around can be used, from the Design workspace, in the right click menu over a body

sergequiblier_0-1686065809394.png

Then, select the output format

sergequiblier_1-1686065845800.png

I hope it will be usefull to you.

Regards.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com
Message 6 of 6
AWR5015

Thanks for looking into the issue @serge.quiblier.  

Had a feeling the 3MF Scene Export feature got moved behind the  Additive Extensions.  The notes from the help page and update notes for v2.0.16265 made it seem like it was still available in the basic Fusion 360.  

It's a bit unfortunate, since without the scene export directly available, the Additive Manufacturing module doesn't have any option to export the entire bed model with support geometry anymore.  For my use-case (running older/legacy printers), it may be more practical to move away from Fusion's Additive Manufacturing and going with a different printer platform all together, since I'd only be using the extension just for that 1 feature...

I've also tried the Save as Mesh -> 3MF Export method that was mentioned as a workaround,  however, it only looks at the design body/models and ignores any manufacturing geometry. So from what I was seeing, it's no different than just saving the design as an STL, which isn't as useful for my application.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums