Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d Pocket will not machine full pocket depth - flat area detection

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
toolcontrolreliability
115 Views, 3 Replies

3d Pocket will not machine full pocket depth - flat area detection

Hi All,

I'm struggling to create a suitable machining operation for my tool shadow board. 3d pocket clearing with flat area detection is exactly what I need, but the step downs are too small, and the machining time is way too long. 

However, when I deselect flat area detection, the tool path now doesn't machine to the bottom of the pocket! Why? I'm using roughing step down of 12mm. Can anyone shed some light? 

@HughesTooling @seth.madore 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Your attached DXF will not open in Fusion 360 or AutoCAD 2024.  Please attach your native Fusion 360 model.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4

thanks John, hopefully this one is it 

Message 4 of 4

I'd actually suggest using the Flat toolpath, it offers greater control over step downs and the like:

2023-11-20_14h10_23.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report