Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d deburr transition feed

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DarthBane55
158 Views, 3 Replies

3d deburr transition feed

Hi, sorry for the poor picture... I can't show more of this part.

I am using 3d deburr with a very small ballmill (1/32").  The blue moves are cutting moves, the green moves are the smooth transitions, very very slick indeed!

The problem is, those transitions are at cutting feed, which is very slow due to tiny tool.  Because of this, I will be forced to use full retractions, when these smooth transitions are much faster on the machine, in theory.

You give us the powaaaa of smooth transitions, please give us access to the transition feedrate, otherwise in some instances you are basically cancelling any benefit from using these moves.

I know this has been a request for some other toolpaths (for a "nice to have"), but for this toolpath, it is actually critical to have access to that feedrate.

1.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: DarthBane55

Yea its quite annoying because if you could adjust the transition feed then the smooth linking would be faster than full retract but as you have found it isn't.

I have given this feedback already here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-manufacture/deburr-toolpath-smooth-retraction-at-transitio... 

But no one from Autodesk has responded.

I think the ability to access the transition feed is a must(even if you had to go into Compare and edit).

Would be handy for 2D contour with keep tool down too.

Message 3 of 4
seth.madore

@DarthBane55 I've shared this (and your other Deburr/Rotary) feedback with the appropriate development team 🙂

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 4
peter.lockyer

@DarthBane55  - I do completely understand your concern here.  I'll create a development task to see if we can resolve this one.
@a.laasW8M6T, please accept my apologies that your task was overlooked.  We do very much value the feedback we receive, it helps us create a better product.

Peter Lockyer

Software Development Manager, Fusion 360 Manufacturing and PowerMill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report