Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Deburr help, trying to chamfer both sides of a bore

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
NickErmis
153 Views, 4 Replies

3D Deburr help, trying to chamfer both sides of a bore

Hello, I am trying to use the new 3d deburr strategy and cant figure out how to get the bottom side of a bore.  I am trying to use a double sided chamfer tool.  I am hoping I am missing a simple setting, but if so not sure which one it is.  Any help would be appreciated.   I was able to do it manually with constructed geometry using the 2d contour strategy, however I would prefer the tool not retract.  File is attached. 

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: NickErmis

Sorry, you cannot use the Deburr toolpath in 3-axis mode to deburr the back end of holes with a tool such as that. You can, however, use a Lollipop tool:

2023-08-30_13h09_42.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
NickErmis
in reply to: seth.madore

Hi Seth, Thanks for the quick response and feedback.  I did attempt with a lollipop cutter and couldn't get that to work properly either.  Fusion file attached.  Not sure what I am missing.

Message 4 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: NickErmis

Hmm, there's something going on with the success and tool size. I was able to drop down to a .187 lollipop and get a toolpath:

2023-08-30_15h01_49.png

I'm thinking it's due to the limited amount of lead-in/out control that we have...

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5
NickErmis
in reply to: seth.madore

I will give it a shot.  Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report