Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 axis machine with rotary

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mc_rees
176 Views, 5 Replies

3 axis machine with rotary

Hi people! Is it possible to have a cnc with 2 linear axis and a rotary table? Will this work with the free version of F360? I am trying to engrave on a cylindrical object, and I am not sure I can do it in F360.
Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: mc_rees

Is this some sort of lathe with a programmable rotary axis?

To answer your second question; no, this likely will not be possible to do with the Personal Use version of Fusion, as all Tool Orientation and Wrap machining is not possible to do in the Personal entitlement.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6
mc_rees
in reply to: seth.madore

well, at the moment it is a concept diy machine. I haven't built it yet. But I am trying to set it up for simulation in F360, without much success.

Message 4 of 6
mc_rees

I am thinking maybe I will not need Tool Orientation or axis Wrapping. My project is engraving a spline path on a irregular model (using stl as stock). Can I use a rotary axis directly (not wrapped) and 2 common linear axes? Does f360 produce good nc in such a scenario?

Message 5 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: mc_rees

A) You're likely not going to be able to get a suitable machine simulation model when defining the limited number of axis.

B) This would (likely) require a custom post processor, as you're going to need to have some way to convert "Y" moves into radial moves and account for diameter of part. How handy are you with JavaScript?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 6 of 6
mc_rees

Thank you! I will try digging further. If only autodesk gave free 4th axis for hobbyists! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report