Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2d Pocket Won't Machine Finish Pass with wear compensation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jackG933P
201 Views, 2 Replies

2d Pocket Won't Machine Finish Pass with wear compensation

As the title says, the 2d pocket toolpath will often not produce the final finish pass when wear comp is selected. I have attached an example file of a very basic pocket where this can be seen. I started experiencing this issue about a year ago. The error given is:  

Warning: A contour was not machined because the given lead parameters would cause a collision!

Of course, there is no lead in that I could set that would not produce this error. There is no actual collision for the lead in. I usually just create a 2d contour op with wear comp as a solution, but this is a very frustrating problem that slows down my work. If anyone knows of a solution or if this is a confirmed bug, please let me know. If it is a real bug, please fix it autodesk. 

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
engineguy
in reply to: jackG933P

@jackG933P 

No file attached ??

It just says "Lead Parameter", it could be a Lead Out ??

Message 3 of 3
ltomuta
in reply to: jackG933P

Usually, this type of error requires a change of the lead in/out angle. Try 10 instead of 90 degrees 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report